Support for Windows 7 ended last January, to keep devices running safely and smoothly. Users at should switch to Windows 10 immediately .
If you have an old PC or laptop that is still running Windows 7, you can buy the Windows 10 Home operating system on the Microsoft website for $139.
But you don't need to spend cash to buy it, Microsoft's free upgrade offer that technically ended in 2016 is still working for many people today.
Windows 7 users who don't upgrade to the new version will no longer be able to get security updates or fixes from Microsoft or technical support for some issues, leaving your PC at high risk of viruses and malware.
Here's how to get Windows 10 for free , if you're currently actively running Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Home or Pro licensed:
- Go to the Download Windows 10 website .
- Then, Create Windows 10 installation media , click Download tool now and Run .
- Select Upgrade this PC now , assuming this is the only PC you've upgraded. If for another machine upgrade, select Create installation media for another PC and save the installation file.
- Next Follow the instructions.
- Once the upgrade is complete, go to Settings Update & Security > Activation , and you will see a digital license for Windows 10.
It should be noted that if you have a Windows 7 or Windows 8 Home license , you can only update to Windows 10 Home , while Windows 7 or Windows 8 Pro can only update to Windows 10 Pro .
Also note that Upgrade is not available for Windows Enterprise . for other Users may also experience blocking, but depending on the machine.
So this post is about How to Download and Install Windows 10 for Free . I hope the above procedure is easy to understand.