Basic Complete Tutorial to Easily Create a word press site
June 09, 2021
MIUSM-TECH.COM - There are certainly many ways to build a website, for example using the most popular WordPress CMS platform and has been used by about 36% of all online websites.
- Difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- Buying Domain
- Buying Hosting
- Installing WordPress
WordPress is the easiest and most user-friendly website platform, WordPress also provides a powerful interface to create fully modern dynamic websites.
WordPress provides a simple yet powerful eCommerce solution for users of all levels of technical knowledge. Building an online store just got easier with WordPress WooCommerce.
Apart from that, WordPress has unlimited designs with thousands of themes & plugins, SEO features and huge support from the world community are the exclusive qualities that you will get in WordPress.
If you want to build a WordPress site for your blog or online store, in this post, let's follow the process of making it from scratch to making a professional wordpress site.
1. Differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
|DIFF BETWEEN WORDPRESS.COM AND WORDPRESS.ORG|
For starters, WordPress has two types namely WordPress.com and WordPress.org. The main difference between these two platforms is in the hosting.
WordPress.com is a simple website builder that offers everything you need for a website. While WordPress.org is where you can get the WordPress CMS, which you have to download and install on your own hosting.
As a free website builder WordPress.com has many advantages, but there are also some limitations regarding freedom, customizability, design, etc. In contrast, WordPress.org offers as much freedom as you want with regards to hosting, design, customization, plugins, etc.
So in this post, what we are discussing is about how to create a website using WordPress.org as its CMS platform. Now, let's start with the steps:
2. Buying a Domain
|BUYING A DOMAIN|
First and foremost you have to get a domain name for the website. The domain name is the online identity of your business, In other words, it is the website address or URL that the user writes on the browser's address bar to visit the website.
Below are some things you should consider when creating and choosing a domain name:
- Keep it simple and concise : Keep a domain name simple, short and easy to read and remember. So that users memorize the address of your website.
- Suitable for your website content : Make sure the domain name is relevant to the content that you will place on the website. In addition, you can also enter keywords in the domain name.
- Choose the appropriate domain extension: Domain extensions are suffixes like .com, .net, .org, .edu etc. Which is added at the end of the web address. They have special meanings such as .com for commercial, .org for Organization, and .net for networking. These three extensions are most used which you can use according to your site.
How do I buy a domain name?
There are several domain name service providers that can be purchased at varying prices. Please search on Google, to find a domain service provider that suits your needs.
Most domain name providers have a domain name search tool, where you can type in the name you want and check the availability of domain names that can be purchased.
But don't rush to buy a domain, the most important thing is that you have determined a domain name and the domain is available for purchase, because maybe some hosting plans for WordPress already include a free domain with their hosting plans.
3. Buying Hosting
Next, you should look for the best WordPress web hosting service that fits your needs. There are several web hosting companies that offer different types of hosting packages.
Below are the types of web hosting packages that you should know about:
- Shared Hosting : The cheapest hosting plan. With shared hosting, multiple websites share the same IP address and server resources including memory, hard disk space, and bandwidth.
Pros: Cheap hosting plans.
Disadvantages: Space is limited, speed and security are prone to be compromised.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) : With a VPS package, you will be given a certain portion of server resources. you will share the server with other VPS users but there will be limited users, not as many as in the Shared Hosting plan.
Pros: Secure, Option to get more server resources anytime as your business grows.
Cons: Expensive for small businesses and startups.
- Dedicated Hosting : very expensive plans. All server resources are dedicated to only one user.
Pros: Full storage, bandwidth and full control over server resources and more secure.
Cons: Not a budget plan for small businesses.
Well, aside from WordPress hosting types, here's the good news. There are many 'shared and managed WordPress hosting' companies that offer shared hosting with essential WordPress management tools at very cost-effective prices.
How to choose the best hosting for WordPress?
First of all, keep in mind the type of website you are going to create. Is it a personal portfolio, blog, business or online store? This helps assume the necessary website space, memory and other server resources.
So, the best and wise thing to choose hosting is basically to choose the hosting package that best suits your needs.
For example below are some of the best hosting Providers worth checking out:
Bluehost is a hosting company officially recommended by WordPress.org. WordPress and Bluehost have been working together since 2005 with the goal of creating the ideal hosting for the WordPress platform.
- 1-Click WordPress Installation.
- True scalability – single click upgrade to VPS or dedicated server.
- Enhanced cPanel.
- Performance standards.
- Free SSL certificate included.
Niagahoster is the best hosting provider in Indonesia with Unlimited Bandwidth & Disk Space services making site access faster. also has great features for WordPress hosting, via WordPress Management.
- LiteSpeed Enterprise (Enabled HTTP/3 + QUIC + Brotli)
- WP Accelerator and WordPress Management
- DDoS and Malware Protection (Imunify360)
- Free Domain and SSL
- Auto Installer
4. Installing WordPress
After the TERKUAK.COM friend has got a Domain name and Hosting, now we proceed to the main step process, namely how to install WordPress on your hosting server.
How to install WordPress today no longer requires technical knowledge from the user because it will usually be assisted by a hosting service company.
Almost all well-known WordPress hosting companies offer 1-click WordPress installation or use the auto installer feature like the one on Niagahoster so you can install the latest version of WordPress in minutes.
For example, if you have registered for Hosting services at Niagahoster. Here are the steps to install WordPress on Niagahoster:
- First Login to the Member Area, Select the Hosting and Domain Menu
DOMAIN AND HOSTING NAV BAR
- Click the hosting you want to install WordPress on.
FOLLOW THE STEPS
- Select Install Website to automatically install WordPress to your hosting account.
- Then Click Install
CLICK TO INSTALL
- Please fill in the requested data, from the domain name, website title, website description, admin user, to admin password.
- Click Install and your WordPress website is ready to be managed.
That's how to install WordPress on Niagahoster hosting, but if you use another hosting, check first whether they provide one-click WordPress installation or not.
If they have one, you can read the tutorial on the hosting website. But most likely the WordPress installation steps are almost the same as the tutorial above.
If the web hosting you are using does not provide an automatic WordPress installer, you will have to install it manually using FTP or another recommended service.